COVID-19 VIRUS Updated Advisory – ScotDance Canada Sanctioned Events
We are requesting that those participating at and organizers of ScotDance Canada sanctioned events (competitions, workshops, etc.) practice precautionary measures published by civic, provincial, and federal government health advisory sites as well as the CDC and the World Health Organization advisory sites. Measures should be taken to mitigate the risk of contracting viruses for participants and organizers of the event.
Several provincial health agencies have issued additional recommendations and mandatory self-quarantine requirements for Canadians who have travelled or are currently travelling to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Canada. There have also been requests by federal and provincial government health agencies to cancel any large gatherings of 50+ participants which may include international participants. Many provinces are now in state of emergency status. Please keep up to date on current health advisories in your area.
Best hygiene practices to mitigate risk of contracting the virus:
- Clean your hands often. This entails washing all areas of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, touching your eyes/nose/mouth or unnecessarily touching surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash basket.
- Put distance between yourself and other people and/or self-quarantine as if you have travelled, been exposed to, or if the COVID-19 virus is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
ScotDance Canada sanctioned event organizers will refund entry fees for events that have or will be cancelled. Events which have been postponed will refund entry fees upon request.
The content of this page is provided for information only. While ScotDance Canada will make every effort to provide information as obtained from published civic, provincial, federal government advisory sites as well as the CDC and the World Health Organization health advisory sites, it is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. ScotDance Canada does not assume responsibility and will not be liable for any damages in connection to the information provided.